About John Lawrance:
Managing Director of Quincetree Ltd is John Lawrance. (right)
to creating Quincetree Ltd, John gained over 30 years experience of working
in the UK public sector. He is able to draw on substantial experience
He has worked at Chief Officer level for UK local authorities in London
and Cambridgeshire where he was an Assistant Director in the Environment
and Transport Department. He is a fully qualified Trading Standards Officer
and has senior management experience in Trading Standards, Environmental
Health, Licensing services.
He also understands the challenges faced by the business community in
seeking to comply with regulation. He was a Non-Executive Director of
Cambridgeshire Business Services Ltd, the company delivering Business
Link services. In 2004, he chaired the Cambridgeshire Enterprise Agency.
Other positions held by John include:
- Chair the Society of Chief Trading Standards Officers.
- Chair of the UK’s National panel of Fair Trading experts
- Member - Advisory Committee to the UK Government’s Environment
Minister– ACCPE (Advisory Committee on Consumer Products and
- Board member - UK’s National Strategy group for the Consumer
- Convenor – International Standards Organisation (ISO) Working
group – Environmental Labelling
John has spoken at many international conferences and has had
many articles published:
Seminars: Workshops and seminars presented at
- Speaker. Quality and Competitiveness. 16th International Symposium on Quality. Opatija, Croatia. March 2015
- Chair of workshop, Using the power of markets: changing the focus of inspections, BIS, London. November 2012
- Chair of workshop, Shared Learning event – Learning the lesson
from the UK’s New Unitary authorities. Birmingham, October 2010.
- Speaker, How to make shared regulatory services a win-win situation.
London, October 2009.
- Chair of workshop to review effectiveness of international arrangements
relating to environmental labelling of products, Argentina, September
- Chair of seminar for Developing Countries, International Standards – A
Regulatory Perspective. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. July 2001
- Speaker, Consumers and the Environment – the Role of Government.
Environmental Protection 2001. Brighton UK
- Speaker, Consumers International World Congress; Consumers, Social
Justice and the World Market, Durban, South Africa. November 2000
- Speaker, International Symposium on labelling and Consumer Information,
Montreux, Switzerland. October 2000
Publications: Articles and documents published
- Can Market Surveillance inspections support quality and competitiveness in the business community? What lessons exist for the developing world? Croatian Quality Managers Society. March 2015
- Background and guidance on the development of inspection checklists, BRDO, October 2012
- Business Case for a shared regulatory service in West Yorkshire, December 2011
- Lessons learned from the creation of the new Unitary authorities, report for LBRO, May 2011
- Assessment of the needs of Consumer Organisations in CARICOM Member
States – Final Report and Action Plan. Published by CSME Unit,
CARICOM. February 2010
- Environmental Labelling for Managers – Special Report. Published
by International Standards Organisation. July 2008
- Generic and Sector specific guidance- ‘How to make a good
environmental claim’, published by DEFRA, November 2003
- International Labelling Standards, Published by Croner, Environmental
Policy and Procedures. April 2002
- ‘Vectis’ Verification study. Published by ERM for DTI.
- A guide to UK regulation and self-regulation, Published by Czech
Republic Standards Bureau. March 2001
- Compliance and Regulatory Issues in Europe. Published by Ecotiquetado
y Consumidores, Mercusor Countries, Latin America. August 1999.
|“I am very happy to endorse the quality of John Lawrance’s work. John has been working with NI-CO for the past five years and in variety of locations in Eastern Europe, the Middle East and the Caribbean. The feedback from highly demanding counterpart countries and International Funding Agencies has been consistently excellent and it is testimony to his work that these clients, time after time, specifically request that John heads up again NI-CO proposals for future projects in their Ministries.”
Graeme McCammon, CEO, NI-CO